VSAT Field Engineer
- Mathieu Quittre
GLOBAL Technologies is looking for VSAT Field Engineers in Africa.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Provide support to United Nations VSAT earth stations in physically remote locations. VSAT earth stations nevertheless have to perform critical communication tasks and as such down time has to be minimized. In the event that a physical visit to the site becomes necessary, such a visit by a technician has to resolve the issue in as short a time as possible. The GLOBAL Technologies is looking for competent field engineers that are in close proximity to our customer sites.
- Performs site survey prior to installation
- Installs, tests, and repairs antennas and related equipment following specifications and using handtools and test instruments. Reviews installation specifications to determine installation site for antenna.
- Visually inspects installation site to identify obstructions that could distort or block signals from satellite.
- Discusses requirements with customer
- Installs BNC and LNB
- Orients antenna to direction and altitude of communication satellite, using surveying instruments and following charts of satellite position.
- Solders connections to electronic controls, using soldering gun and wire cutters.
- Connects antenna to signal converter control box, using handtools.
- Tests installed system for conformance to specifications, using test equipment, such as multimeters and oscilloscope
- Performs Civil Works installations if required for the antenna set-up
- Replaces or repairs defective parts, using handtools and test equipment.
- Coordinate and execute VSAT installation and configuration tasks.
- Deploy and troubleshoot all types of equipment at customers’ site.
- Ensure continuous operation of network elements.
- Monitor links and quality of signal
- Provide quality support for customers and respond to customer enquiries/complaints.
- Open tickets to track and to document resolution of problems for VSAT networks
- Minimum 3 years of VSAT experience with good references
- GVF Certification or equivalent VSAT Certifications (Certificates to be provided)
- Experience in TCP/IP, VOIP, VTC/IP, PABX, VSAT Technology, Microwave systems & wireless LAN (WLAN) systems
- Tool box and Spectrum Analyzer is required
- English language is mandatory, French and local languages are a plus